Starting Tuesday, April 9th through May students at Taylion Academy will begin tests in Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC), California Science Tests (CAST), and Physical Fitness Test (PFT).
Below is a breakdown of what each assessment is with dates and grade levels that will be examed. Parents and students will schedule testing dates with their teachers.
- SBAC - The Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC) is a standardized test. It creates Common Core State Standards-aligned tests ("adaptive exams") that monitor how your child is doing at school to help improve education efforts nationwide.
- Testing Window: April 9th - April 30th (Elementary and Middle School students grade 3-8th) and May 1st - May 25th (High Students grade 11th)
- CAST - The California Science Test (CAST) is an online assessment based on the California Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). The CAST is administered in grades five and eight and once to each student while that student is in high school. Students only test once during their high school years (a student is eligible to test once they have completed all of their science classes) so if a student has already taken the CAST, there is no need to test again.
- Testing Window: April 9th - May 25th
- PFT - The physical fitness test (PFT) is a six-part test to show a level of fitness that offers a degree of defense against diseases that come from inactivity. Students in grade five, seven, and nine take the fitness test.
- Testing Window: April 22nd - April 26th