We thank the members of our Governing Board for their dedication to upholding the mission and values at Taylion. The board of directors and staff at Taylion pursue excellence in all they do, working hard to support students and families in becoming college and career ready through personalized learning.
Taylion High Desert Academy Board of Directors
Dr. Tadios Belay has over ten years of experience in education, academic research, advocacy, human rights, immigration, legal service, teaching and non-profit management. As President, he serves as an advocate and liaison between the school and community and supports students in achieving their goals in the classroom and beyond.
- L. B. in General Law from Hawasa University
- L. M. in International and Comparative Law from University of San Francisco
- Completed Executive Education program at Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government
- Doctor of Education from University of Southern California
Secretary and Treasurer
Kimberly Tucker works as a globally certificated IB teacher in the Primary Years Program at Casita Center for STEM. After nine years teaching in various grade levels throughout North San Diego County, she is happy to have found her current position as a 1st grade teacher and will be starting her 4th year in this grade level this Fall. Kimberly is passionate about giving her students tools and strategies to be independent learners who embrace people and cultures from around the world through inquiry.
- BA in English from Brigham Young University
- K-6 Teaching Certificate from University of Richmond, Virginia
- Global IB Certificate from California State University, San Marcos